THINGS TO DO AND SEE ON THE CAMINO PORTUGUES
There are many wonderful things to do, see and taste on the Camino Portugues route, these are some of our top suggestions:
- Get to know pilgrims from all over the world
- Enjoy the views as you walk the beautiful countryside in Portugal and Galicia
- Taste traditional food such as ‘bacallhau’ salt cod and delicious ‘pasteis de nata’ custard tarts
- Explore wonderful historic towns and cities
- Cross the international bridge over the Minho River
- Get your Compostela pilgrim certificate and explore Santiago de Compostela!
Find more travel inspiration, read our latest articles about the Camino de Santiago and travel tips for your Camino Portugues adventure on our TRAVEL BLOG.
CAMINO PORTUGUES TOURS
The Camino Portugues route is currently the second most popular for Camino pilgrims, according to figures from the Pilgrims Office in Santiago. At JWT we have a couple of fantastic options for your self guided Camino tour:
- A week-long walk from Tui, so you can walk the last 100kms of the route and claim your Compostela certificate in Santiago
- A 2-week long adventure walking all the way from Porto to Santiago.
If you would like to start your walk from a different point along this Camino de Santiago route, talk to our travel experts about your Camino trip idea and we will be delighted to assist and help you plan and organise the perfect journey.
Our self-guided Camino tours are totally flexible, which means you can start and finish at any point of the route and adapt your trip to the days you have available to complete the walk. We can add rest days and extra nights so you have time to explore some of the most wonderful towns and cities along the way. Talk to our travel team today.
Fill in this form to let us know the Camino you have in mind and request a call back or an email with travel suggestions. Sign up to the JWT newsletter to be the first one to receive tips, special offers and information about new tours by email.
Subscribe to our travel newsletter and get our latest articles, tips and tours straight into your email inbox.