THINGS TO DO AND SEE ON THE CAMINO INGLES
There are many things to do, see and taste on the Camino Ingles, these are some of our tips:
- Explore the modernist centre of Ferrol and experience its spectacular Semana Santa
- Go for a swim and a stroll at Magdalena Beach
- Taste the famous tortilla omelette in Betanzos
- Enjoy peaceful tracks across rural Galicia
- Join in the celebrations as you reach Santiago Cathedral
- Stamp your pilgrim passport and get your Compostela certificate
Find our latest articles, travel inspiration and Camino de Santiago tips and advice on our TRAVEL BLOG.
CAMINO INGLES TOURS
There are two main starting points on the Camino Ingles route:
Located 120kms away from Santiago de Compostela, Ferrol is the most popular starting point on this route as you will need 100kms on foot to receive your Compostela pilgrim certificate.
It is also possible to receive a certificate if you walk from the wonderful seaside city of A Coruña which is 75kms away from Santiago but you’ll need to complete 25kms in Ireland beforehand, and show your Irish Compostela issued by the Camino Society in Dublin as proof. This option is known as the ‘Celtic Camino’.
Talk to our travel experts to start planning your Camino journey.
Fill in this form to let us know the Camino you have in mind and request a call back or an email with travel suggestions. Sign up to the JWT newsletter to be the first one to receive tips, special offers and information about new tours by email.