Camino de Santiago guided tours or self guided, what is the best one for you? Every pilgrim has a different idea of how they would like to experience the Camino de Santiago. Some embark on the Camino to enjoy the trail in solitude, while others want to share the experience. Today we discuss Camino de Santiago guided tours and self guided tours, to help you find the best option for you:
CAMINO DE SANTIAGO GUIDED TOURS
Camino de Santiago guided tours are ideal for first timers and those who enjoy travelling as part of a group, having the support of other walkers and a knowledgeable local guide.
This is what you need to know about JWT Camino guided tours:
- Guided tours depart on specific dates and cover a particular route and section of the Camino de Santiago.
- They have a specific duration, generally one week long, but you can add nights at the start and/or end of the guided tour.
- The group has the support of a local guide for the duration of the trip from the moment you arrive at the destination airport.
- We generally organise accommodation for the group in a couple of quality hotels on the route, as well as morning transfers back to the trail. This way there is less packing to do during the week, as you will be coming back to the same hotel for a few nights.
- Meals such as breakfast and dinner are organised for the group at the hotels or local restaurants. Packed lunches can also be organised if needed.
- If you have your own group and would like to have a guide, we can also organise a trip specifically for you on your preferred dates and route.
- We can also organised additional activities for the groups during the trip.
- JWT Camino guided tours can be booked with flights or without flights, depending on your preference.
You can find all our upcoming departures here: Camino de Santiago guided tours
SELF GUIDED CAMINO DE SANTIAGO
On self guided Camino de Santiago tours, an itinerary for the journey is prepared and accommodation booked in advance for you, taking into account rest days and other considerations. Self guided tours give you more flexibility as a traveller and this is what you need to know about self guided Camino tours:
- You can start your Camino journey at any time and from any point along the different routes. You pick the dates and route.
- You can decide for how long you’d like to walk and our travel experts will suggest the best itinerary for you and advice on the best route.
- You will be walking from point to point and staying in accommodation selected by our travel team at each stage. In the case that accommodation is not available in a particular village, transport will be arranged for you.
- We will organise all the logistics you require, such as flights, accommodation, luggage transfers, meals and even pick up at the airport… and provide you with all the details and information you need to enjoy your Camino de Santiago experience, whether you are walking on your own or with friends.
- The tour can be custom made and adapted to your requirements and preferences. You might like to upgrade to the Parador hotel or book a few extra nights in Santiago to explore the city at leisure, for instance.
Find more information about our self guided tours here: Self Guided Camino de Santiago
This is a simple and practical overview of the options you have available when booking your Camino de Santiago journey with the support of a travel company like us at JWT Camino, if you have any additional questions don’t hesitate to contact our great travel team, we will be delighted to help you plan your trip.
Each Camino experience is personal and at JWT Camino our expert travel team will help you take your own path to Santiago de Compostela.Contact Us